Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When Embroidery meets Paper

I love doing machine embroidery.  I had almost forgotten how much until all of the conversation at the recent retreat.  When I got home I "dusted" off my Bernina 830 and fired it up.   Jean has an embroidery design at the shop that is called "Feathered Beauties" that is a collection of bird and flower embroideries.   In the spirit of trying new things --- I decided to try and embroider on paper...watercolor paper.  I used to do quite a bit of watercolor painting - but have not touched a brush for years - not before my son was born and he is now 5 1/2....so I had some paper sitting around, had the design loaded, found some thread....AND....




BIRDS....the samples are at the shop.   This wasn't the end of my exploration...but rather the beginning....more photos to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment