Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Here is what I am Reading....


Friday I was in the shop and found myself  looking through the magazines Jean has by the cutting table at the shop.   The Winter 2010 "Quilts and more" caught my eye (and, as we know - winter truly has arrived).  For only $6.99 this magazine is packed with 23 easy projects --  not only are they quick and easy projects - they are really cute projects.   I like a magazine in which there are at least several projects that I find myself thinking "I want to make that."

Not only did I think "I want to make that" - I decided that I will not only tell you about this magazine - but I intend to make some of the projects and show you.  So, here is what you will be seeing in the next few weeks.  First, there is a quick and easy row quilt (selected the fabric on Friday from the shop) -- and,  better yet -  I came home Friday and in a very short time had the topped pieced.  I am quilting it right now and will show it to you as soon as it is done (I am pretty sure it will take me longer to bind than to make the top unless I get my friend Zee to bind it - she is the fastest and best binder I know...).

There is an adorable little Christmas tree centerpiece you make out of terra cotta pots that I am going to make and show you as soon as I find the little pots.   My intent is to let my 4 year old son make one along with me (it will be sticky but fun....) and I will let you know how it goes.   I love the little owl purse shown on the cover.  There are several nice sized lap throws in the magazine.   Oh - and some adorable donut pincushions (and I know the perfect "baker" to make and show you those - I just have to convince her to make some for us...).

I think you will love some of the projects you are going to see out of this magazine in the next few weeks.  Stop by the shop and pick up your copy of this magazine today -- for, when they are gone - they are gone....

No comments:

Post a Comment